|Constitution and functions of the APTRANSCO|
Central Act 1 of 1954.
(1) Not later than sixty days of the Act coming into force the State Government shall constitute APTRANSCO to be incorporated and organized under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956, as the Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Limited, with the principal objects of engaging in the business of procurement, transmission and supply of electric energy.
(2) Subject to the powers of the State Government under section 12, the APTRANSCO established by the State Government in terms of sub-section (1) shall be the principal company to undertake all planning and co-ordination in regard to transmission; undertaking the works connected with transmission, determining the electricity requirements in the State in co-ordination with the Generating companies, State Government, the Commission, the Regional Electricity Boards, and the Central Electricity Authority; the operation of the power system.
(3) APTRANSCO shall own the extra high voltage transmission system, shall be responsible for the transmission system operation and shall operate the power system in an efficient manner.
(4) APTRANSCO shall undertake the functions specified in this section and such other functions as may be assigned to it by the license to be granted to it by the Commission under this Act.
(5) Upon the grant of license to the APTRANSCO under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 15 of this Act, the APTRANSCO shall discharge such powers and perform such duties and functions of the Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Board including those under the Indian Electricity Act, 1910 and the Electricity (Supply) Act, 1948 or the rules framed there under as the Commission may specify in the license and it shall be the statutory obligation of the APTRANSCO to undertake and duly discharge the powers, duties and functions so assigned.
(6) Subject to the provisions of sub-sections (1) and (2) and to the overall supervision and control of the APTRANSCO, a number of subsidiary or associated transmission companies may be established in the State and the Commission may grant licences under the terms of this Act to such transmission companies, in consultation with the APTRANSCO.