A. Northern Region
- NPTI Corporate Office Faridabad
- NPTI ( Northern Region) Badarpur
- NPTI (Hydro Power Training Centre) Nangal
B. Southern Region
- NPTI (Power System Training Institute) Bangalore
- NPTI (Hot Line Training Centre) Bangalore
- NPTI (Southern Region) Neyveli
C. Eastern & North Eastern Region
- NPTI (Eastern REgion) Durgapur
- NPTI (North Eastern REgion) Guwahati
D. Western Region
- NPTI (Western Region) Nagpur
NPTI has also been catering to the Training Needs of Process Industries such as Steel, Cement, Aliminum, Fertilizers, Refineries viz., BBMB, BHEL, CEA, DPL, DVC, ECIL, FACT, GAIL, IFFCO, IOCL, IREDA, KRIBHCO, NALCO, NEEPCO, NFL, NHPC, NLC, NPC, NTPC, Power Grid, SAIL, THDC, APGENCO, CESC, HPGCL, KPCL, MPEB, OHPC, OPGCL, RRUVNL, UPRVUN, ACC, AECO, BSES, HINDALCO etc.
NPTI also conducts following industry interfaced academic programs with the objective to create a pool of committed and competent professionals equipped with appropriate skills to steer the Indian Power Sector:-
- Two Year MBA in Power Management approved by AICTE
- Four Year B.Tech./B.E Degree in Power Engineering approved by AICTE
- One Year Post Graduate Diploma Course in Thermal Power Plant Engineering
- One Year Post Diploma Course in Thermal Power Plant Engineering
- One Year Post Graduate Diploma in GIS and Remote Sensing (RS)
- Nine Months Post Graduate Diploma Course in Hydro Power Plant Engg.
- Six Months O&M of Transmission and Distribution System for Engineers
Hot Line Training Centre
A facility has been created at NPTI's Hot Line Training Centre, Bangalore for Live Line Maintenance of Transmission Lines upto 400 KV (first of its kind in Asia) which enables trained personnel to attend to maintenance requirements without power interruptions.Facilities for water washing of sub-station equipments is also available.
In order to serve the industry requirements and make best usage of infrastructure and expertise, NPTI has ventured into providing consultancy services in Preparation of DPRs under R-APDRP (11th Plan) and NPTI has also been appointed as REC Quality Monitor (RQM) for Tier-II Inspection of RGGVY Works under 11th Plan for Six States . NPTI has also been awarded the Third Party Inspecting Agency(TPIA) works by few DISCOMs for the RGGVY works under the 10th Plan & 11th Plan.
NPTI also provides Consultancy in the field of Human Resources Development including Training Need Analysis, Upgradation of training facilities, Customized Course Designs, Capacity Assessment/Evaluation for Promotion etc.
NPTI's Publication and Multimedia CBTs
NPTI has published around 75 Training Manuals for different courses. NPTI has also developed more than 55 Multimedia Computer Based Training packages for power professionals and marketing them at reasonable prices to the utilities and educational Institutes.
Achievements & Performance
Since the inception of its forst Institute in 1965, NPTI has so far imparted training to more than 1,65,000 personnel from Central PSUs, SEBs, Power Utilities and Private Sector organizations. About 9,100 operation engineers have been imparted effective integrated unit operation training on the Simulators on the Simulatiors available with NPTI.
MBA student of NPTI in Power Management and B. Tech Power Engineering students or Post Graduate Course and Post Diploma course are finding placement in reputed companies like CRISIL, CARE, BSES, KPMG, REL, Moser Baer, Lanco, GMR, Feed Back Ventures, Suzlon, Tata Power, Torrent Power, Price Water-House Cooper, Deloitte etc.
For more details, please surf the website at : https://npti.gov.in